Only a few more weeks until our Yoga & Meditation Retreat in Coolum Beach, on the Sunshine Coast, at the Luther Heights Youth Camp.
We still have spaces available in our small, focused group. If you feel inspired and called to immerse yourself into a weekend of traditional Hatha Yoga and Meditation, don’t hesitate to contact me for detailed information and to book.
phone or text: 0423 477 725
Yoga & Meditation Weekend Retreat
Friday 16th – Sunday 18th of August 2019
at Luther Heights Youth Camp, in Coolum Beach, on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland
- Experience, learn & practice traditional Hatha – Yoga, Meditation, Rituals and Kirtan (Mantra chanting).
- Simple, basic, clean accommodation and amenities.
- Delicious, vegetarian meals, that might inspire to try new recipes at home.
- Spectacular ocean views, observing the sunrise.
- Walks along the beach, or buswalk at Mount Coolum. If we are lucky we spot some migrating whales in the distance.
- Release – Relax – Recharge.
- Letting go of the Winter blues, to be ready for Spring.
The topic of the weekend retreat is based on the five points of Yoga, as taught by Swami Vishnu-Devananda:
- 1) Proper Exercise (Asana) Proper exercise should be pleasant to the practitioner while beneficial to the body, mind and spiritual life.
- 2) Proper Breathing (Pranayama) Proper breathing should be deep, slow and rhythmical. This increases vitality and mental clarity.
- 3)Proper Relaxation (Savasana) By relaxing deeply all the muscles the Yogi can thoroughly rejuvenate his/her nervous system and attain a deep sense of inner peace.
- 4)Proper Diet (Vegetarian) A lacto-vegetarian diet. This is an integral part of the Yogic lifestyle.
- 5) Positive Thinking and Meditation(Dhyana) Here is the most important point of all, we become what we think. A positive outlook on life can be developed by learning and practicing the teachings of the philosophy of Vedanta. The mind will be brought under perfect control by regular practice of meditation.
During the weekend we practice these five points of yoga.
The retreat is suitable for beginners to learn about the basics of yoga and for more advanced yoga students to deepen their practice.
The cost for the weekend is $420.-
Included in this price are the complete yoga program, accommodation (Please bring your own linen) and vegetarian meals. A non-refundable deposit of $120 .- is required to reserve your space. The final payment is due one week before the Retreat.
Detailed information are on the website: https://hathayogaipswich.com.au/retreat/
or contact me directly via email and phone call.
phone or text: 0423 477 725
I also have a pdf file (6 pages) with detailed information and photos.
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you.
OM OM OM
PS: Following some more photos from last year’s Retreat, September 2018.
So far this year, about once a week someone or two came back to a yoga class, who hasn’t been in class for a while/years. It’s interesting; often when people miss for a long period, they are almost embarrassed to come back to a yoga class. There is no need to be embarrassed to return to the yoga class after a long absence. As I hear this excuse a lot, if you wan’t to come back to class come back, no questions asked.
The next excuse I hear from people not coming to a yoga class is: “I’m not flexible”. Well that’s the purpose of yoga to become flexible and allow movement to your own ability. Improve and moving to your own level.
The same counts for the Yoga Retreat, you can be a complete beginner to attend the
Yoga & Meditation Weekend in August, Friday 16/8 – Sunday 18/8/2019.
- We will return to the same venue as last year, Luther Heights Youth Camp in Coolum Beach. The accommodation is very simple, bunk beds, dorm style. But since we occupy only a third or quarter of the beds available, we can spread out nicely. There are separated niches to share with your friends & family. You need to bring your own linen.
- Toilets, showers are basic & clean.
- The vegetarian meals are delicious, and a good variety.
- Even good coffee (a luxury, not following traditional yoga ashram rules).
- So rather than a luxury yoga Retreat, this is more a traditional Yoga & Meditation Camp, as they used to be, when Yoga first arrived in the West. Or more like a Yoga Ashram in India, where the focus is on the practice of yoga, rather than a luxury bed & spa. (which is very nice, but has it’s price).
- This allows me, to keep the price below $450
- The cost the for whole weekend is $420 (including the yoga program, accommodation and meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- We are surrounded by beautiful, peaceful nature, trees and grounds. Views over the ocean and towards Mount Coolum.
- Spectacular sunrise, to start the day with Sun Salutations and Meditation.
- Short walk to the beach and Point Arkwright lookout.
- A good location and opportunity to immerse into the practice of Yoga. Dust of the winter blues, getting ready for Spring.
- My friend Amrita Kamala will mostly likely join us again, to play the harmonium.
- As a new activity this year, we might have a camp fire on Saturday evening. The Camp has the facility for this, but of course this will be weather permitting only. If no fire restrictions.
- For the Retreat Weekend to go ahead, I need a minimum of 15 -18 bookings.
- Please let me know by 31 March 2019, if you are seriously interested to attend the Yoga & Meditation weekend.
- As by then I can cancel the venue without any extra charges, and of course I would refund your deposit as well. Fingers crossed, that will not be the case.
Please contact me for any questions and bookings. I can also send you a detailed pdf file by email , or you find all the important details by following this link:
Looking forward to hearing and seeing you,
Prema MariaSunrise Meditation, Retreat September 2018.
All the information for our Yoga & Meditation Weekend Retreat has been updated.
The next retreat is in September 2018, Friday – Sunday, 7/9 – 9/9/18.
At Coolum Beach, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
Follow this link: https://hathayogaipswich.com.au/retreat/
Please contact me if you have any questions, concerns, need more information or would like to book your space. https://hathayogaipswich.com.au/contact/
Time for a Friday Hatha Yoga Class and Satsang Meditation.
Coming up on Friday 24th February 2017:
At the Raceview Scout Hall, 32 Taylor Street, Eastern Heights.
5pm – 6:30pm Hatha Yoga Class (breathing exercises, sun salutation, 12 basic postures, guided final relaxation)
6:45pm – 8:30pm Satsang (silent meditation, uplifting Sanskrit chants, an inspiring reading)
The cost is $15 or one tick on the class pass.
You can join for both sessions to get most benefits, a good way to end the working week. Or if this is not possible for you, just attend the Hatha Yoga class or the Satsang/Kirtan class.
In between the two sessions we have a cup of tea and something sweet.
If you know you will be coming for sure, please let me know (message, email or in class). Otherwise it is perfectly fine to just show up and bring your friends.
Looking forward to a yogic start into the weekend. OM OM OM
Next week on Friday 4th November 2016 we have a Friday hatha yoga class and Satsang.
In a Satsang class we begin with silent meditation, then Kirtan Mantra chanting and a lecture on different yoga topics and philosophy.
It is a stress-releasing way to start the weekend, letting go of the week. Do something good for your soul, even if you feel tired at the end of the week. You will feel a big difference come Saturday morning!
Where: Raceview Scout Hall, 32 Taylor Street, Eastern Heights
What: Hatha Yoga Class (breathing exercises, sun salutation, 12 basic postures)
Time: 5pm – 6:30pm
What: Satsang (silent meditation, uplifting Sanskrit chants, an inspiring reading)
Time: 6:45pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $15.00 or class pass (no first free trial class on this day).
The lecture for this month will be on the Mantra. The meaning of OM, why we meditate on OM, the benefits of chanting Mantras.
You are most welcome to join for just one of the classes. If you like an extra exercise session you come for 5pm.
If you like to learn/practice meditation and get deeper into the yoga philosophy or if you like the Sanskrit Chants (Kirtan) please come to the hall for 6:30pm.
In between the two sessions we have a cup of (herbal) tea and something sweet. I made a raw vegan chocolate cake, it’s setting in the freezer.
raw chocolate cake, vegan, gluten-free