A next 8 – weeks – meditation – course is starting soon. Monday 10th of May 2021, 5pm – 6pm, for eight consecutive weeks. The Topic of the course is on the Chakras.
Chakra means ‘wheel’. Chakras are energy vortices, or intersections where two or more nadis (sanskrit word) meet. Everyplace the 72,000 nadis of the astral body intersect, there is a chakra. There are an uncounted number of chakras in the body.
The chakras are the mechanisms by which the prana (lifeforce) is able to permeate the physical body from the astral body, and basically then, it is the prana that keeps the physical body alive.
Within the astral body are 7 main chakras associated with kundalini awakening. They are located within the astral body in locations that correspond with the spine in the physical body, and at the junctions where the ida and pingala, and various other nadis, meet.
These main chakras are called:
- Muladhara – located near the base of the spine in the perineal space for men, at the back and top of the cervix for women; sacral plexus
- Swadhishthana – located at the level of the uro-genital systems; prostatic plexus
- Manipura – located at the area of the navel; solar plexus
- Anahata – located at the level of the heart; cardiac plexus
- Vishuddha – located in the throat region near the thyroid and adam’s apple; laryngeal plexus
- Ajna – located in the space between the eyebrows; cavernous plexus
- Sahasrara – located at the top of the head; pineal gland